[Dev] [Announcement] WSO2 Identity Server 4.0.0 Released.

Hasini Gunasinghe hasini at wso2.com
Fri Nov 2 19:02:03 PDT 2012

Hi all,The WSO2 Identity Server team is pleased to announce the release of
version 4.0.0 of the WSO2 Identity Server (IS).

WSO2 Identity Server is an open source Identity and Entitlement management
server having support for XACML, SAML, OAuth, OpenID and SCIM.

WSO2 Identity Server is developed on top of the revolutionary WSO2 Carbon
platform <http://wso2.com/products/carbon>, an OSGi based framework that
provides seamless modularity to your SOA via componentization.

All the major features have been developed as pluggable Carbon components.

You can download this distribution from
http://wso2.com/products/identity-server/.

The online documentation is available at
http://docs.wso2.org/wiki/display/IS400/WSO2+Identity+Server+Documentation.<http://docs.wso2.org/wiki/display/IS400/WSO2+Identity+Server+Documentation>
How to Run

   1. Extract the downloaded zip
   2. Go to the bin directory in the extracted folder
   3. Run the wso2server.sh or wso2server.bat as appropriate
   4. If you need to start the OSGi console with the server use the
   property -DosgiConsole when starting the server. The INSTALL.txt file found
   on the installation directory will give you a comprehensive set of options
   and properties that can be passed into the startup script

New Features In This Release

   - XACML 3.0
   - OAUTH 2.0
   - SCIM 1.1
   - IWA Authenticator
   - Support for Multiple User Stores
   - WS-XACML
   - SAML2 Basic Attribute Profile
   - Read/Write Active Directory User Store Manager
   - Database based token store for STS
   - Various bug fixes and enhancements including architectural
   improvements to Apache Axis2, Apache Rampart, Apache Sandesha2 , WSO2
   Carbon and other projects.

Key Features of WSO2 Identity Server

   - Entitlement Engine with XACML 2.0/3.0 and WS-XACML support
   - SAML based Single-Sign-On support
   - OAuth 1.0a/2.0 based Access Delegation support
   - Claim based Security Token Service with SAML 1.1/SAML 2.0
   - OpenID Provider and Relying Party
   - Identity Provisioning with SCIM 1.1
   - Extension points for SAML assertion handling
   - IWA Authenticator
   - Extension points for Authenticators
   - XMPP based multi-factor authentication
   - Improved User Management.
   - Claim Management
   - User Profiles Management
   - XKMS
   - Separable front-end and back-end - a single front-end server can be
   used to administer several back-end servers.

Issues Fixed in This Release

This release of WSO2 Identity Server comes with a number of bug fixes, both
in the base Carbon framework and in the Identity Server specific
components. All the issues which have been fixed in this release can be
found at:

   - Fixed Issues for Identity Server
4.0.0<https://wso2.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=10840>

Known Issues

All the known issues in WSO2 Identity Server 4.0.0 are reported at:

   - Known issues in WSO2 Identity Server
4.0.0<https://wso2.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=10854>

How You Can Contribute Mailing Lists

Join our mailing list and correspond with the developers directly.

   - Developer list : dev at wso2.org |
Subscribe<dev-request at wso2.org?subject=subscribe>
    | Mail Archive <http://wso2.org/mailarchive/dev/>
   - User forum : StackOverflow<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/wso2>

Reporting Issues

We encourage you to report issues, documentation faults and feature
requests regarding WSO2 Identity Server or in the Carbon base framework
through the public WSO2 Identity Server
JIRA<https://wso2.org/jira/browse/IDENTITY>
 or Carbon JIRA <http://www.wso2.org/jira/browse/CARBON>.
Support

We are committed to ensuring that your enterprise middleware deployment is
completely supported from evaluation to production. Our unique approach
ensures that all support leverages our open development methodology and is
provided by the very same engineers who build the technology. For more
details and to take advantage of this unique opportunity
http://wso2.com/support/

For more information about WSO2 Identity Server, please see
http://wso2.com/products/identity-server or visit the WSO2 Oxygen
Tank<http://wso2.org/library> developer
portal for addition resources.

Thank you for your interest in WSO2 Identity Server.

WSO2 Team.