[mashup-dev] 0.2 Release Candidates
keith at wso2.com
Thu Aug 30 21:58:15 PDT 2007
Tyrell Perera wrote:
> Keith Chapman wrote:
>> Tyrell Perera wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>> Since we are well on schedule with the feature set for the 0.2 release.
>>> I believe we can go ahead and start cutting RCs from next week. I would
>>> like to suggest Wednesday, 5th Sep as a tentative date for RC 1 and the
>>> following 2 Wednesdays for the next two RCs.
>>> Given the status of QA defects and fixes by the end of week 3, we can
>>> decide whether to go ahead with 0.2 on the 26th or to cut another RC.
>>> One crtical pre-RC task is to settle on WSAS and AXIS2 branches, since
>>> we are using snapshots of both at the moment. I think we are ready to
>>> make the choice now.
>> Actually we've made the choice already. The reson we are depending on
>> the WSAS trunk is due to that. As soon as WSAS fixes its version on
>> the trunk we will be switching to that. WSAS trunk currently depends
>> on Axis2 trunk. I heard that they will be switching its dependencies
>> to 1.3 shortly. When they do that we can fix our versions too. We can
>> release 0.2 with WSAS 2.1 for sure (At the moment all our fetures
>> work on WSAS trunk).
> What's the release date for WSAS 2.1? Will it happen before 5th Sep?
Yes it should happen before that. WSAS 2.1 is going off the WSAS trunk,
thats the reason for having our dependency on the WSAS trunk. AFAIK its
only bug fixes and some tooling stuff thats going into WSAS (the
deference between 2.0 and 2.1). Obviously we cannot depend on WSAS 2.0
because sharing is not working with that. We have to go with 2.1 ;-)
> The way I see it, cutting our RCs using WSAS trunk is a bit risky.
> This will make the delta between 2 consecutive RCs high, along with
> the possibility of trouble.
> IMHO and in an ideal situation, the above delta should only include
> the defect fixes and documentation updates. Anything else means
> additional and avoidable risk.
>>> I managed to get documentation reviews scheduled for the next 2 weeks
>>> with Marietta as well. So we can concentrate more on the user-guides
>>> api docs during this time along with fixing defects in code :)
>>> If I missed anything please add to the list ...
>> The scraper stuff is not working at the moment.
> Is this due to the Rhino upgrade?
No its not due to that. It was a problem that we had from the
beginning. XPath was not working in scraper service.
> I thought it's stable and Channa is working on the tooling side.
> I'm looking into that
>> issue... We have to finalize on the stub generation too. Thats
>> critical before we cut the first RC.
> I agree. If the scraper is badly broken, let's put it into 'damage
> control' mode :) I'll have a look at it, so you can concentrate on
> stub generation.
Jonathan is working on the stub generation ;-)
More information about the Mashup-dev