[Announce] [Dev][Architecture][ANN] WSO2 Complex Event Processor (WSO2 CEP) 3.1.0 Released
lasantha at wso2.com
Thu Apr 17 06:41:56 PDT 2014
WSO2 Complex Event Processor (WSO2 CEP) 3.1.0 Released!
The WSO2 CEP team is pleased to announce the release of version 3.1.0 of
Open Source WSO2 Complex Event Processor.
WSO2 CEP is a lightweight and easy-to-use Open Source Complex Event
Processing Server (CEP) is available under the Apache Software License
v2.0. WSO2 Complex Event Processor identifies the most meaningful events
within the event cloud, analyzes their impact, and acts on them in real
time. Its built to be extremely high performing and massively scalable.
This is based on the revolutionary WSO2 Carbon
which is based on the OSGi framework to achieve better modularity for your
Service Oriented Architecture (SOA). This version of the release delivers
to you a new and enhanced user experience along with a numerous new
features, improvements and bug fixes. You may also add or remove many other
optional features to customize the behavior of the server by using the
underlying provisioning framework of Carbon. In other words, CEP can be
customized to your specific SOA needs with minimum hassle.
WSO2 Complex Event Processor is shipped with Siddhi, which is a Complex
Event processing Engine developed by WSO2 engineers to achieve very high
performance and massive scalability.
An open source product, WSO2 Complex Event Processor is available
under the Apache
Software License (v2.0) <http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html>.
This product includes all of the extra integration and management
functionality as well.
For more information on WSO2 Complex Event Processor, please visit
http://wso2.com/products/complex-event-processor/. You can also look at our
- Support Multiple Input Event Adaptor Types - WSO2 CEP supports
WSO2Event, SOAP, HTTP, JMS, Email, File, Kafka input adaptor types
- Support Multiple Output Event Adaptor Types - WSO2 CEP supports
WSO2Event, SOAP, HTTP, JMS, Email, SMS, Logger, Kafka, MySQL, Cassandra
output adaptor types
- Support for multiple event formats such as XML, JSON, Map, Text &
- Siddhi Query Partitioning
- Siddhi Event Tables to use historical data within real time processing
- High Availability Deployment
- Output rate limiting support for Siddhi
- Monitoring Support - WSO2 CEP supports system, per execution plan/per
deployment artifact monitoring.
- Tracing Support - WSO2 CEP supports tracing a message at multiple
stages of the event flow.
- Event Flow Support - WSO2 CEP supports visualizing the event flow
within the system.
- Event Simulator - WSO2 CEP supports an easy gui to send sample events
to test the event flow.
- Sample framework for CEP
- Easily Integrates with Enterprise System - by RESTful HTTP protocol
with JSON, JMS MAP/XML/Text messages, SOAP and Email
- Support for Long Duration Queries - Supports periodic snapshots to a
scalable persistence store (Apache Cassandra).
- Tightly Integrates with WSO2 Business Activity Monitor - for recording
and post processing of events with Map-Reduce via Apache Hadoop.
- Realtime Dashboard using WSO2 User Engagement Server
- Siddhi Extensions
- Event Adaptor Extension
- Configuration based class loading mechanism for Siddhi
- Arbitrary key values pair support for WSO2 Events
*New Features In This Release*
- High Availability and Fail-Over for WSO2 CEP
- Improve performance for thrift events
- Implement Passthrough Feature for all components
- Gadget gen tool to create gadgets for CEP dashboard
- Input Event Adaptor - File Tail Reader
- Output Event Adaptor to log events on the screen
- HTTP input event adaptor
- Configurable cache sizes for siddhi event table caches
- Support small Batch within Sliding Windows
- Event Flow Visualizer
- Event Simulator
*Issues Fixed for this Release*
- Issues fixed for this version of WSO2 CEP can be found at CEP 3.1.0
Fixed Issues <https://wso2.org/jira/issues/?filter=11767>
- *Home page : *http://wso2.com/products/complex-event-processor/
- *Documentation : *http://docs.wso2.org/complex-event-processor
- *Library : *http://wso2.com/library/
- *JIRA-Issue Tracker : *https://wso2.org/jira/browse/CEP
Installation and Running
1. Extract the downloaded zip file
2. Run the wso2server.sh or wso2server.bat file in the /bin directory
3. Once the server starts, point your Web browser to
4. For more information, see the Installation Guide:
*Locally : *INSTALL.txt
*On the web : *http://docs.wso2.org/display/CEP310/Installing+the+Product
Known issues for this release can be viewed at CEP-3.1.0 Known
Reporting ProblemsIssues can be reported using the public JIRA available at
https://wso2.org/jira/browse/CEP Contact usWSO2 Complex Event Processor
developers can be contacted via the mailing lists:
*For Developers:* dev at wso2.org
For details on subscriptions see http://wso2.org/mail
Alternatively, questions can also be raised in the stackoverflow:
WSO2 Inc. offers a variety of professional Training Programs, including
training on general Web services as well as WSO2 CEP, Siddhi, WSO2 BAM,
Data Services and a number of other products. For additional support
information please refer to http://wso2.com/training
WSO2 Inc. offers a variety of development and production support programs,
ranging from Web-based support up through normal business hours, to premium
24x7 phone support.
For additional support information please refer to http://wso2.com/support/
For more information on WSO2 Complex Event Processor, visit the WSO2 CEP
Product Page <http://wso2.com/products/complex-event-processor/>.
Thank you for your interest in WSO2 Complex Event Processor
*-The WSO2 Complex Event Processor Development Team *
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Announce