[Announce] [Dev] WSO2 Business Rules Server (BRS) 2.1.0 Released!
warunaj at wso2.com
Sat May 24 01:41:20 PDT 2014
The WSO2 Business Rules Server (BRS) 2.1.0 Released!May 2014
The WSO2 BRS team is pleased to announce the release of version 2.1.0 of
the Open Source Business Rules Server (BRS).
WSO2 Business Rules Server (WSO2 BRS) is to be your Business Rule
Management System (BRMS). Our ultimate goal is to provide you with the
suitable capability of codifying, executing, and maintaining your
BRS 2.1.0 supports exposing your organization' decisions as *Secure,
Reliable Web services*. The integration with our Enterprise Service Bus
supports incorporating your dynamic integration decisions to the your
enterprise' applications integration solution.
WSO2 BRS 2.1.0 is developed on top of the revolutionary Carbon
and is based on the OSGi framework to achieve the better modularity for
your Service Oriented Architecture (SOA). This also contains a lots of new
features and many other optional components to customize the behavior of
the server. Further, if you do not want any of the built in features, you
can uninstall those features without any trouble. In other words, BRS can
be customized to your SOA needs.
You can download this distribution from
http://wso2.com/products/business-rules-server/ and give it a try.
How to Run
1. Extract the downloaded zip
2. Go to the bin directory in the extracted folder
3. Run the wso2server.sh or wso2server.bat as appropriate
4. Point your browser to the URL https://localhost:9443/carbon
5. Use "admin", "admin" as the username and password to login as an
admin and create a user account
6. Assign the required permissions to the user through a role
7. If you need to start the OSGi console with the server use the
property -DosgiConsole when starting the server. The INSTALL.txt file found
on the installation directory will give you a comprehensive set of options
and properties that can be passed into the startup script
Key Features of WSO2 BRS 2.1.0
- Expose Business rules as a web Service
- Drools based back end runtime
- Management User Interface for creating, deploying, monitoring, and
testing rule services
- JSR 94 Compliant
- Based on carbon platform it provides all the QOS features such as
Security, Reliable Messaging, caching etc ...
Issues Fixed for this release
- WSO2 BRS related components of the WSO2 Carbon Platform -
- For a complete list of features to be implemented please refer the
list of known issues :
How You Can ContributeMailing Lists
Join our mailing list and correspond with the developers directly.
- Developer List : dev at wso2.org |
Subscribe<dev-request at wso2.org?subject=subscribe>
| Mail Archive <http://wso2.org/mailarchive/dev/>
- User List : user at wso2.org |
Subscribe<user-request at wso2.org?subject=subscribe>
| Mail Archive <http://wso2.org/mailarchive/user/>
WSO2 encourages you to report issues and your enhancement requests for the
WSO2 BRS using the public JIRA <http://www.wso2.org/jira/browse/BRS>.
You can also watch how they are resolved, and comment on the progress..
Alternatively, questions could be raised using the forums available.
User forum : StackOverflow <http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/wso2>
We are committed to ensuring that your enterprise middleware deployment is
completely supported from evaluation to production. Our unique approach
ensures that all support leverages our open development methodology and is
provided by the very same engineers who build the technology.
For more details and to take advantage of this unique opportunity please
For more information about WSO2 BRS, please see
We welcome your feedback on this implementation. Thank you for your
interest in WSO2 BRS.
*-- The WSO2 BRS Team --*
Waruna Lakshitha Jayaweera
WSO2 Inc; http://wso2.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Announce