[Announce] API Operator for Kubernetes 1.1.0 Released!
pubudug at wso2.com
Tue Apr 7 09:42:09 PDT 2020
*API Operator for Kubernetes 1.1.0 Released!*
As microservices are increasingly being deployed on Kubernetes, the need to
expose these microservices as well documented, easy to consume, managed
APIs is becoming important to develop great applications. The API operator
for Kubernetes makes APIs a first-class citizen in the Kubernetes
ecosystem. Similar to deploying microservices, you can now use this
operator to deploy APIs for individual microservices or compose several
microservices into individual APIs. With this users will be able to expose
their microservice as managed API in Kubernetes environment without any
*Distribution & Documentation*
The distribution of the API Operator can be found in API Operator v1.1.0
- Quick Start Guide
*New Features and Improvements*
1. Support in deploying API operator in multiple docker registries such
as Docker hub, Amazon ECR, Google container registry, Quay.io and HTTP(S)
2. Support in exposing multiple Swagger definitions as an API
3. Java interceptor support for mediations when exposing APIs.
4. APIs can be exposed via the Ingress controller or as a Route in
5. Serverless(KNative) applications can deploy and manage via the API
6. Support in applying API management to the microservices that deployed
in Istio, service mesh.
7. Support API to handle target endpoints in different namespaces.
8. Horizontal pod autoscaling support for the target endpoint
9. Kaniko argument support for Kaniko jobs
10. CPU and memory allocations for target endpoints
All the open issues pertaining to API Operator for Kubernetes 1.1.0 are
reported at GitHub <https://github.com/wso2/k8s-api-operator/issues>.
*How You Can Contribute*
Join our mailing list and correspond with the developers directly.
- Developer List: dev at wso2.org | Subscribe <dev-request at wso2.org> | Mail
- User List: user at wso2.org | Subscribe
<architecture-request at wso2.org> | Mail
*User Forum*: StackOverflow
*WSO2 API Manager Slack Channel:* Join Us on Slack
We encourage you to report issues, documentation faults, and feature
requests regarding API Operator for Kubernetes through the GitHub repository
*Important:* Please be advised that the *security issues *must be reported
to security at wso2.com, not as GitHub issues, in order to reach the proper
audience. We strongly advise following the WSO2 Security Vulnerability
reporting security issues.
*-- The WSO2 API Manager Team --*
*Pubudu Gunatilaka* | Technical Lead | WSO2 Inc.
(m) +94774078049 | (w) +94112145345 | (e) pubudug at wso2.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Announce